It’s November, which means it’s time to spend quality time with your friends and family and to remember all the things that make you feel the most grateful. Remember to show your host or hostess how thankful you are for their hospitality if you’ve been invited to someone else’s home for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving. At Peoples Flowers, serving all of Albuquerque, our professional florists have put together a list of the best gift ideas for your host or hostess this year.
Why It’s Essential to Bring a Host Gift
When you go to someone’s house for dinner or another special event, a hostess gift is the politest way to say thank you. Whether your host’s preparing the entire meal or it’s a potluck, you should always bring a gift. It takes an awful lot of planning, organization, and preparation to get ready for guests, whether you’re cooking or not. Show your gratitude and good manners with a thoughtful hostess gift.
Perfect Gift Ideas for Any Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving Host
Friendsgiving is like a Thanksgiving celebration, but with buddies only. It’s usually scheduled on a day near Thanksgiving, but not on Thanksgiving Day itself. This friends-only feast is usually less formal, and fun is always on the menu. Feel free to get extra creative when choosing this hostess gift.
- A game for everyone to play after dinner
- A set of funny fridge magnets
- Make the dinner feel even more festive with a flower-filled holiday cornucopia
- Fuzzy socks to keep your friend warm on her toes all winter
- Party poppers to keep everyone awake and excited
- Bath bombs so your friend can unwind after everyone’s gone home
- A new yoga matt to encourage a healthy holiday season
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Harvest Blessing Centerpiece
Box of Chocolates
Relationships with in-laws can be delicate, so it’s a good idea to do your best to cultivate positive ones. Whether you’ll be meeting your significant other’s parents for the first time or you’ve known them for ages, you shouldn’t arrive at a Thanksgiving dinner empty-handed. Choose a tasteful gift that will show them how grateful you are for their hospitality and for welcoming you into their family and holiday traditions.
- Impress your in-laws with a show-stopping candlelit centerpiece of flowers and autumn accents
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a pleasant holiday scent
- Whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A stylish cheeseboard paired with cheese knives and markers
- A decent bottle of wine with a new aerator or wine glass charms
- High-quality serving utensils that are always appreciated at Thanksgiving dinner
- A pretty box of gourmet chocolates or macarons
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re having Thanksgiving with your own family this year, it’s still important to bring a gift to show your love and gratitude for your family. Bring a gift that your parents or grandparents will love or something that will help the entire family enjoy the holiday.
- A homemade pie in a keepsake pie plate
- Hydrating hand soap so no one catches your nephew’s cold
- Activities for the kids, like a not-too-messy holiday craft project
- A basket of gourmet coffee to brew with dessert
- A set of decorative dish towels
- A set of festive coasters to protect all the wooden surfaces
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has a fancy drink to sip during toasts
Potted Plants and Flowers Are Always Appropriate and Stylish
If you’re still not sure what you should give your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving host or hostess, we always recommend potted plants and flowers because they never go out of style, and they’re appropriate for anyone. Just be sure to pick a floral arrangement with flowers that have already been trimmed and put in water; your host probably won’t have time to do so, when he or she’s busy entertaining guests.
Stop by any Peoples Flower Shops location for personalized recommendations and advice on the best floral arrangements, potted plants, and centerpieces to give as hostess gifts this year.