After a dreary, cold winter, spring arrives to bust us out of the doldrums and freshen our spirit and our home with fragrant blooms. Take advantage of all this season has to offer by reviving and refreshing your home with spring flowers and plants. Your friends here at Peoples Flowers, Albuquerque’s best florist, have some springtime ideas for how to refresh and refine your kitchen, bedroom, and even your bathroom with spring flowers.
Refresh Your Kitchen
An easy way to give your kitchen a good spring cleaning is to start from the top and work your way down. Organize the cabinets, pantry, and cupboards as you go along and use natural cleaners like vinegar and lemon for a sparkling shine.
Refresh with Spring Flowers
After a good spring cleaning, place fresh flowers and a plant or two in your kitchen to freshen it up and provide the scent and look of spring. Whether a bunch of flowers in one vase or several stems spread out amongst several smaller vases, flowers in the kitchen give it a healthy and chic vibe. Good choices for the kitchen include:
- Peace Lily: A great indoor plant for air purification
- Carnations: Colorful, charming, and symbols of good luck
- Tulips: Boost your mood with their vibrant colors
- Eucalyptus: Fresh and minty smelling with round decorative leaves
Reorganize Your Bathroom
Give your room a spring makeover by de-cluttering and organizing drawers, countertops, and cabinets. Get rid of expired makeup and medicine and keep only what you really use.
Reorganize with Spring Flowers
Nothing transforms a bathroom from blah to “spa” like living plants and fresh flowers. Having plants in your bathroom creates a warm, luxurious, and pleasant place to be. Good flowers for the bathroom include:
- Daffodils: A bright mood-booster with lots of charm
- Gerbera Daisies: Cheery and colorful and fresh
- Sunflowers: Vibrant and radiating light and warmth
- Hyacinths: Fragrant, lush, and spectacular
Refine Your Bedroom
Refining your bedroom is easy! Just remove any heavy, dark winter bedding and lighten things up with brighter, spring-themed bedding. Pristine white sheets and blankets are a nice touch too with floral print accent pillows.
Refine with Spring Flowers
Refine your bedroom by placing beautiful spring blooms and plants within. Put a palm or air-purifying snake plant by a sunny window for a healthy dose of green. Add a vase of colorful flowers to your dresser or nightstand to inspire tranquility and good feelings. Some great flowers to spruce up a bedroom are:
- Sweet Peas: An delicate and pretty symbol of pleasure and gratitude
- Peonies: Lush, full, and romantic
- Hydrangea: Charming and pleasing and mood-boosting
- Orchids: Elegant and a symbol of perfection
Bringing spring into your home is a quick and inexpensive way to enjoy the season and provide your home a spring refresh. Fresh blooms have a magical way of turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. Revive your home and boost your spirits with the flower experts at People’s Flowers.