As the long days of summer give way to cooler days and longer evenings, it’s time to change your outdoor décor. There are fun and easy ways to make sure your home is ready for the fall season. Choosing hardy flowers and beautiful outdoor containers to accent your porch areas will provide a warm and welcoming entrance to your home.
The floral experts at Peoples Flower Shop in the Albuquerque area offer great ideas to make your decorating needs both entertaining and easy. By updating your front porch to reflect the fall season, you may be inspired to add autumn colors to other areas of your home!
Why Decorate For Fall?
Sprucing up your front porch for a new season is exciting and practical. You can announce to your neighborhood that the autumn holidays are on the way. You will feel refreshed and energized with new fall floral decorations. These are just a few reasons why it is important to remember how your front porch welcomes everyone into your home.
- Decorating puts you into the right frame of mind. Imagine the fun of choosing lively fall flowers to add color and texture to your outdoor decorating. As you spruce up your porch, the realization that fall is finally here brings the excitement of the season to your home.
- Refresh Your Porch design. Perhaps your seasonal summer flower pots are beginning to look faded and dry. Adding new fall flowers to bright containers in amazing fall colors will make your entryway seem brand new.
- Add Beauty to Your Neighborhood. Making your front porch stand out with lovely flowers and appealing colors will add curb appeal to your home. Your neighbors will appreciate your effort to enhance the neighborhood and might encourage others to decorate as well.
- So Many Options for Fall Decorating. Choosing flowers such as our Fall Mum Plant for your front porch is just one option to adorn your front porch. Pumpkins and gourds add freshness to your décor. Creating a wreath of fall leaves or flowers will invite others into your home.
Start with Enticing Displays
The vessels you choose to house your marigolds and mums are a large part of your overall decorating strategy. In addition to flower pots and vases, there are several household products and natural displays that can be utilized creatively to give your porch an original fall look.
- Watering Can: Adding a lovely Kalanchoe Plant to an old watering can to bring color and whimsy to your front porch decorations.
- Hay Bale: One or more hay bales can be the center of attention on your front porch. A few well-placed pumpkins and vibrant yellow mums will announce that fall is here.
- Wooden buckets: When used as planters, wooden buckets can display many types of fall -the faded browns and greys of a wooden container.
- Wicker baskets: Choose a variety of sizes to hold tiny pumpkins and gourds surrounded by bright green ferns. Easy to assemble, these baskets will show off nature’s fall bounty like in our Autumn Days Floral Basket.
Accent Your Front Door with Garlands and Wreaths
Fall Front Doors
For many houses, the door is the focal point of the front porch. Keep the front door as your focus by optimizing the use of sweeping garlands and large wreaths. Try including a few unexpected details to make your décor both inspiring and inviting.
- Corn husk garlands: Dried corn husks make a great neutral background for other fall items. Placing small gourds or pinecones on the husks keep the natural feel of the garland. You can also add sprigs of autumn joy sedum to bring a pop of color to your garland.
- Twig Wreath: Intertwined twigs look lovely against any door, especially one that is brightly painted. Add a few dried flowers or other natural plants such as crisp apples or fall leaves to enhance your door’s spotlight presence on the front porch.
- Garland Arch Over the Front Door: instead of a long garland, create an arch to invite others into your home. Choose your color pallet and select plants and flowers that make autumn come alive.
- Green Wreaths: Made of greenery such as ferns or evergreen branches, it is easy to add color by including items of one color. To showcase the bright orange of the season, you can add miniature pumpkins to the wreath. Add bunches of small marigolds in shades of yellow to the wreath to add warmth to your fall porch decorations.
There are so many ways to show off the autumn beauty of your front porch. Making your front porch a focus of your neighborhood and encouraging a bit of friendly decorating competition with your neighbors brings a sense of purpose to the new season. Autumn holidays provide just the right inspiration to adorn your porch with fall flowers. For more insight into decorating for autumn, reach out to floral designers at Peoples Flower Shop in Albuquerque for all your fall decorating needs.