Prom season is getting into full swing. Young ladies are picking out fancy dresses and young men are choosing their formal wear. Flowers are a classic prom tradition that is still going strong. Flowers let a prom-going couple show off some personal flair, whether it’s a white rose in a boutonniere or a bright corsage on a wrist.
How to shop for prom flowers
There is an art to selecting the perfect flowers for your prom date. Follow these tips to ensure prom night is full of smiles.
1. Talk to your prom date. You don’t have to guess which flowers your date likes when you can just ask! Does she love yellow roses? Maybe she’s a fan of carnations. If you ask ahead of time, you’ll be sure to get just the right corsage or bouquet. It’s the details that really make the prom night special.
2. Color coordinate. Chances are, you are already color-coordinating your clothes. Guys often wear black and white to give their dates a chance to bring the color. You’ll want a matching corsage and boutonniere that doesn’t clash with a dress choice. If you’re not sure what flowers go best with which colors, just stop by one of Peoples Flowers’ four locations to get some expert advice.
3. Pick a wrist or pin-on corsage. Corsages are popular for prom because they can be worn hands-free throughout the night and across the dance floor. Your date may have a preference when it comes to a wrist or pin-on corsage. Depending on the style of dress she is wearing, a wrist corsage may work better. Find a gallery of corsages and boutonnieres here
4. Bring your date flower shopping. Flowers mean romance. Consider having a fun outing with your prom date to the flower shop. It will give you a chance to browse all the options, choose a custom selection of flowers, and get to know each other a little better.
5. Don’t forget the corsage. There are a million things going through your mind on prom day. You’re busy getting dressed, arranging last-minute transportation details, and thinking ahead to dinner. Use the Peoples Reminder Service to send you a text message a day ahead (or the day of) the prom to go pick up the flowers.
Impress with a bouquet
Corsages and boutonnieres are the way to carry a splash of color and elegance with you throughout the night, but you can really make an impression by bringing along a full bouquet for your date. If you are picking up your date at home, it will be easy to leave the bouquet there. When you date returns, it will be a happy reminder of an amazing night.
Consider a classic dozen roses or shake things up with an artful arrangement like the “Luscious Lavender” bouquet. This brings together an abundance of spring colors with a contemporary look.
When it comes to prom night, flowers never go out of style. Whether you’re going for classic and classy or modern and lively, People Flowers will pair you up with the perfect corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets for your memorable evening. We wish you a safe and happy prom!