We often move through life only doing what is expected of us, constrained by responsibilities and schedules.
Just Because Day, celebrated on August 27, is an opportunity to allow yourself to be spontaneous, to try things you haven’t done before, or unexpectedly make someone else’s day.This carefree holiday invites you to spend the day however you wish, with an eye towards celebrating family, relationship, and leisure time. At Peoples Flowers, we are experts at providing the beautiful floral designs that make every day more special. It may surprise you to learn that this day has been in observance since the 1960’s, when a California man started the tradition. The simple gift of a radio from a husband to his wife began the family custom, which in turn spread to their neighborhood and community. Today, the idea is that we set a day aside to do some of those things we always mean to do, but never get around to – but nothing practical or required! This day is for fun. How are some ways you may wish to celebrate?
- Go for a drive somewhere new and explore shops and boutiques. Get an ice cream cone, just because!
- Stop at the playground and try out the swings.
- Pass out daisies or carnations to the people who serve you during the day – the barista, store clerk, or parking attendant, for instance.
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive-thru, then pay a compliment the person at the window.
- Pack a picnic lunch and visit an elderly neighbor for an afternoon of stories and sharing.
- Drop off encouraging handwritten notes in the mailboxes of special family and friends.
- Send a bouquet of flowers to someone who inspired you recently.
This August 27, show someone how special they are and that you’re thinking of them. The floral designers at Peoples Flowers can help you find exactly what you’re looking for – or if you prefer we can create a custom design. We deliver throughout the Albuquerque area, and are proficient at helping you to celebrate birthdays, promotions or anniversaries – not to mention, celebrating the fun and spontaneity of Just Because Day.