International Nurse’s Day and Week
Monday, May 12th is International Nurse’s Day, which is the end to Nurse’s Week, which ran from May 6th to May 12th. Throughout the week and on this special day, it is important to remember just how much nurses do when it comes to healthcare.
Becoming an officially recognized holiday in 1974, May 12th was selected as International Nurse’s Day to coincide with the birthday of Florence Nightingale, a woman who created the nursing profession and served as a model of what nurses should do.
This year’s theme for 2014 International Nurse’s Day is “Nurses: A Force for Change,” focusing on the vital role and responsibility nurses have in terms of the medical profession.
This is the time to thank a nurse with a special gift that says thank you for their hard work, commitment, and passion for what they do. We have a wide selection of flowers, plants, and gifts that we can deliver to local Albuquerque hospitals, Albuquerque medical centers, Albuquerque doctor’s offices or Albuquerque nursing care homes. Of course, we can also deliver any gifts to a nurse’s home in and around Albuquerque as well as across the country.
Our collection contains just about everything under the sun to suit personal tastes as well as your budget. Here are some ideas:
- Tropical collection of flowers with exotic looks and stunning arrangements;
- Signature Design series, which includes floral designs from our team of professional floral designers that you will not find anywhere else;
- Rose collection, which contains premium, long-stem roses in every color imaginable;
- Garden collection, which includes lilies, hydrangea, roses, orchids, tulips and daisies just to name a few;
- Flowering plants and green plants;
- Custom flower arrangements made to order with your ideas and our team’s talented eyes;
- Gourmet gift baskets and fresh seasonal fruit baskets;
- Gifts like brownies, chocolates, or gourmet food;
- Greeting cards;
- Balloons and Mylar balloons; and
- Stuffed animals.
This is just a small sampling of what we can offer as gift ideas for the nurse in your life. Come on by any one of our Albuquerque flower shops to see what we can put together for you. Of course, you can also work with us by phone or shop online through our online flower store.test