Just around the corner is a special day that recognizes some of the most important people in your life – those people who are there to listen, offer advice, share a laugh or just have fun together. That’s what friends are for – and now is the time to celebrate all that they do for you!
National Friendship Day
Here are some quick facts about National Friendship Day:
- It is recognized in the U.S. on the first Sunday in August.
- The day was introduced by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark Cards, in the early 1930s.
- It is intended as a way to honor friends and the qualities of friendship.
- There is also an International Friendship Day.
Special Delivery Ideas for National Friendship Day
While National Friendship Day is about spending quality time with friends, this may not always be possible due to geographical distance or other plans. That’s why it is also a good time to think about sending a few of your closest friends a gift.
We’ve put together a few ideas from our extensive collection of flower arrangements, blooming plants, and gifts and gift baskets.
Check these out as well as come visit one of our shops or the website to get some more gift ideas:
- Luscious Lavender: This sweet arrangement features an aromatic array of flowers, including lavender roses.
- Pink Azalea: This is a beautiful blooming plant with clusters of pink flowers and evergreen leaves that is sure to remind your friends for weeks how you feel about them.
- Dendrobium Delight: Beautiful exotic orchids in purple or white are displayed in a unique, wire wrapped cylinder vase.
- Gifts Galore: We have a wide array of gifts sure to fit your budget and suit the individual tastes of your friends. Our gift collection includes everything from seafood, steaks, and gourmet food to truffles and chocolates to balloons, cards, and stuffed animals to fresh fruit and mixed gift baskets of food. We also have gift categories just for men. You can even send a surf and turf meal for two to a friend and then meet up with them to enjoy it together!
Whatever you do, your friends will know that you are thinking of them on this special day as well as the whole year round!