It may seem incredible, but Thanksgiving and Hanukkah very rarely converge, but this year it has happened for the first time since 1888! One recent article in the Washington Post noted that it may not happen again for another 77,798 years!
However, it is happening now and for some of you that create some unique decorating challenges since November 28th is Thanksgiving and the first full day of the eight-day Jewish Festival of Lights. However, it does not have to be stressful but actually quite fun to combine the two special events.
The Peoples Flower Shops design team in Albuquerque has some decorating tips for the Thanksgivvukah table!
Decorating the Albuquerque Thanksgivvukah Table
Think about these decorating ideas for your home and feast table, which combines symbols from both holidays and pays respect to the meaning of each:
- Use individual centerpieces next to each place setting or place a single rose on each plate. You can also place a decorative dreidel next to each place setting.
- Use more than one centerpiece along the center of the table, mixing small and large arrangements as well as add these to the foyer and guest bathroom in colors that acknowledge both holidays. This adds visual interest and even freshens each room with the scent of flowers.
- Have the Peoples Flower Shops design team use a family heirloom like a vase or bowl to design a personalized holiday flower arrangement for your Thanksgivvukah table.
- Try using a menurkey made out of gourds, wood, or metal, paying tribute to the symbols of both holidays. What is that you ask? Why it’s a menorah combined with iconic Thanksgiving symbols.
- Candles are a beautiful way to recognize both holidays while also create the perfect mood and ambiance during a very special dinner.
Order Your Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Flower Arrangements Now!
Even though Thanksgivvukah is just days away, it’s never too late to order your Thanksgiving centerpieces and Hanukkah flower arrangements. We deliver before and on November 28th so you can enjoy the natural beauty of flowers, flowering plants, and plants this special holiday season.