At Peoples Flower Shops, we know how healing flowers and plants can be. We spend our days with them, and we’re knowledgeable about all the studies that point to their benefits. We observe them make people happy day after day, and we don’t mean just the recipient of a flower gift. We see how happy both the giver and the receiver are in a flower exchange, and that, friends, is exactly why you should be giving flowers to yourself.
Not every occasion calls for an exact flower design—sure, we have poinsettias at Christmas, tulips for spring and roses for Valentine’s Day, but at People’s Flower Shops, we know that there are a dozen meaningful flower exchanges that are personal to the people involved for every one of those expected flower exchanges. And sometimes, it’s these that are our favorite. We love to see how people style the transactions unique to them.
We might not deal with too many snowdrifts and snow days in Albuquerque, but the coming of spring is still an exciting time. As days gradually warm up, and colors emerge across the area, the floral designers at Peoples Flowers are also preparing for the new season. The flowers for the spring season are here, and they are beautiful as ever!
Did You Know? Across the country, the most anticipated flower is the crocus. Known for being the first messenger of spring, this tiny but strong flower pushes up through cold soil – and even snow – to be one of the first to arrive to announce the imminent end of winter. Continue reading
Many people may be surprised to learn that February is National Wedding Month. After all, it might seem more logical that such a designation would be given to June, September, or October – the top three months for wedding ceremonies nationwide. But there is actually a great reason for the selection of February, and it involves Christmas! To learn more, read on.
Don’t Forget: At Peoples Flowers, we love romance no matter what month it is! If you are one of the thousands celebrating Albuquerque engagements and weddings this month, we’d be honored to work with you. Continue reading
If you ever struggle with what you should purchase for birthdays, flowers are the perfect gift. But you shouldn’t settle for any ordinary flowers – call us to assist you in designing a custom arrangement that is sure to impress. Everyone loves receiving flowers and for over 70 years, the Albuquerque community has relied upon the floral experts at Peoples Flowers to deliver the freshest, most uniquely beautiful arrangments for every occasion.
Birthstone bouquets are a thoughtful way to recognize someone’s birthday. As each month of the year has a birthstone associated with it, that gem can be used to inspire a floral bouquet that reflects the exotic beauty and vivid colors of the precious stones. Continue reading
Although homecoming will be taking place at high schools across Albuquerque, every celebration will be different Just as each school has its own traditions, customs and spirit colors, every student or alumni attending has their own style as well. When choosing flowers, some may wish to match their dress, while others look to reflect their school colors. Some may enjoy classic design, while others may appreciate creativity and whimsy. No matter what the variables, Peoples Flowers is ready to help you to create your custom homecoming flowers, with more colors, options, and designs than you’ll find anywhere else.
Simple white carnations are transformed with vibrant blue ribbons and flowers. Order your corsages from Peoples Flowers, and you’ll be able to choose the most appropriate accessories.
Wristlets are not only popular for their beauty but for the decorative bands that are far from simply functional. A wide range of styles and colors turn any corsage into a piece of jewelry sure to turn heads. Bands, ribbons and accents are all chosen by you.
Lest you think we forgot about the guys, we also have crisp and classic boutonnieres for him – guaranteed to match the corsage with simplicity and class.
This soft pink rose wristlet was designed utilizing the gorgeous Melrose silver cuff. Both the colors of the rose and the ribbon are up to you!
Ethereal beauty can be yours when custom homecoming flowers take a magical turn. Exotic dendrobium orchids, delicate white feathers and just a few silver accents – including a sugar pearl band – create a stunning corsage you’ll love.
We’ve barely just begun to show you the options available for your custom homecoming flowers – browse the website or come see us in the flower shop to learn more about hundreds of combinations available to you. After all, this is your homecoming, and you want it to be memorable. Peoples Flowers understands, and looks forward to creating your perfect flowers.
Labor Day comes early this year – September 1st to be exact. There are most likely many barbecues and block parties on your list for this three-day weekend that cap off the summer. Whether you are hosting a Labor Day event yourself or going to someone else’s consider flowers, plants, and gifts as part of the occasion. Here are the summer goodies we have on offer:
- Lilies & Lemons has a beautiful display of button mums, solidago, and lilies in a bubble bowel that has been filled with lemons and lemon slices.
- The ever-popular sunflower represents all the glory of summer, so Summer Sunflowers includes a bowl full of sunshine and plenty of sunflowers.
- A Vase of Sunshine includes fresh yellow lilies that bloom and offer plenty of bright rays to illuminate your home or an event.
- Summer Sherbet features many bright colors in a clear vase that has been lined with leaves for that special look.
- Summer Garden puts all those beautiful summer flowers into one place, including a mix of sunflowers, gerbera daisies, and more. It’s a great way to remember the past summer before it is gone.
Green plants also make great items to decorate and share over Labor Day:
- Our European Garden combines many green plants together in one big basket.
- The Bromeliad Plant grows in tropical areas and comes in many different colors.
Summer Goodies and Gifts
Whether you are gifting these goodies or having these treats at your Labor Day event, you will be sure to please those that get to try them:
- Gourmet chocolate dipped pears offer a delicious treat for guests or a host. This is a refreshing gift on a hot September day. It is available in milk chocolate, white chocolate, or dark chocolate and comes wrapped in a beautiful gift box.
- Another delicious item we feature is a box full of 15 chocolate dipped mini-cheesecake bites dipped in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate and then topped with almonds, dark chocolate nonpareils, and mini chocolate chips.
- Our fruit and cheese basket also contains candies while the larger size basket has crackers and cheeses.
There are still a few weeks left of the summer season to enjoy and that includes stopping in to any of our five Albuquerque flower shop location to pick up some great deals with our Cash and Carry Program plus you can find other great deals online when you become a fan of our Facebook page.
Cash and Carry Flowers
Our Cash and Carry Program lets you enjoy the very best of our gorgeous summer flowers by picking up a large array of fresh-cut flower options that we keep in stock. These can be immediately picked up and enjoyed as a gift, for an event, or as home or office décor.
This provides an excellent way to take advantage of summer flowers during the closing weeks of the season while we clear out our summer flower selection to start making room for those fall flowers, which is just around the corner.
With these kinds of special values, it pays to come to a florist like us in the Albuquerque area versus choosing to get flowers at a supermarket or online warehouse provider. Our flowers are guaranteed to be fresh so they last longer and offer the kind of value you deserve.
Stop on by and shop with us! While you are here, you can check out our floral design team’s latest collections and get a peek at what is in store for autumn.
Exclusive Facebook Deals
If you don’t have time to stop in to one of our Albuquerque flower shops, then why not become a fan on Facebook so you can still take advantage of the available deals on summer flowers, summer bouquets, and summer flower arrangements.
We have made these deals available to our fans because we appreciate their support and help in spreading the news about the benefits of choosing us for their flower, plant, and gift needs. All it requires is to like our page on Facebook and then a regular listing of great deals that can be purchased directly from the Facebook page are made available to you!
This is a great way to save more money and enjoy our fresh, high-quality, and unique flower arrangements. To make it easy, we’ve put a link here so you can jump straight to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesFlowers) to like and save!
Flowers are beautiful by themselves but when put together into a flower arrangement, their beauty is enhanced and something even more stunning can be created. While some types of floral designs are made to look stylized, there are others that attempt to look as natural as possible. One of these floral design styles is known as the garden style.
This blog looks at that style and provides some information on what is involved in creating that particular floral design style. We’ve also included some of our own garden style arrangements, including our new Designers’ Choice products.
Understanding the Garden Style Floral Design Concept
The garden style is defined by the idea that a flower arrangement should look as though it was part of a garden or nature rather than formally arranged. Typically, the flowers are spread out and displayed in a long container although other types of containers can be used, including terra cotta pots, baskets, and vases.There are usually alternating heights for the flowers of low and high as well as many different hues.
This flower arrangement style is also referred to as the English garden design. There is a loose structure to the floral design with no particular amount required to create the look.
All types of flower varieties can be used, including tulips, sweet peas, stock, daisies, lilies, geraniums, marigolds, aster, poppies, roses, lavender and carnations just to name a few. The only defining factor is that the flowers bloom within the same season.
Our Designers’ Choice
If you are not sure what type of flowers to send and the floral arrangements you see on your website aren’t exactly what you may have had in mind, then the Designers’ Choice solution is just for you.
Our floral design team can put together a custom garden style flower arrangement that is appropriate for the occasion and the recipient as well as your budget. It comes in three different sizes so you can have just the right flower arrangement that you want.
Stop and visit with our floral design team today to discover what we can create for you!
Whether inside the home or outside on the patio or balcony, summer is the perfect season to show off the beauty of nature by decorating with flowers. We’ve put together some summer decorating idea that use flowers.
Here are some great ways to use flowers around the home:
- Use a tall vase and combine fresh fruit like apples or orange with flowers. You can do this by putting the fruit in the tall vase and then inserting a smaller vase within it that holds the water and flowers to create a unique look.
- For al fresco dinner parties, create small bouquets wrapped with a cloth napkin or use little tin pails full of flowers at each place setting. Roses, dahlias, daisies, and hydrangea are nice choices for these arrangements.
- Hang dried flowers in pitchers or containers from a wall or door to create an eye-catching decoration in a kitchen, nook, or dining area.
- Put a flower arrangement on display by placing it under glass on a platform to create a formal look to the décor. You can also use lanterns to display flowers and wrap them in summer-themed ribbons like red check to reflect a picnic.
- Place fresh cut flowers and fruit or greenery on a tiered stand to add color to a room, including using this as a centerpiece for a dining table or foyer table. This also can add a nice fragrance to a room.
- Take berry branches or dried flowers and weave them into wreaths that can be placed on hooks or doorknobs. These mini wreathes can also be placed around candleholders for a beautiful touch on a patio table.
- Take bunches of fresh flowers and place them in different types of containers for window sills, sideboards, dressers and tables in coordinating colors with a room or in a complementary color.
- Float flowers in a bowl to create a unique party centerpiece.
- Use interesting containers like wine bottles, bud vases, ceramic pitchers or anything else that offers a different look to display flowers. These can be already in your home or be found at yard sales and flea markets.
- Use hanging baskets of flowers around a deck and patio to add interest and depth of perspective to your exterior décor.
Our Summer Flower Collection
Whether you are looking for loose flowers to create your own summer décor for your home or event or you want to enjoy our floral design team’s extraordinary talent and hand-arranged flower designs, consider Peoples Flower Shops your go-to source. Our summer flower collection features bright blooms, tropical flowers, and flowering plants in all sizes, shapes, and varieties. You’ll be sure to find everything you need for the summer season with our stunning floral designs when you visit any of our Albuquerque flower shops or shop online.