Thanking your hosts with gifts is an art; it also happens to be one we have perfected here at Peoples Flower Shops. From among our many gift options like candles and live plant baskets, we’ve selected a few things that we think cover the spectrum of possible Thanksgiving dinner scenarios, from the more traditional to the modern casual.
There are many reasons to send someone flowers. But this month we are given a special and unique reason to send a beautiful sunny bouquet. Make Someone Smile Week is July 19-25, and gives you the perfect opportunity to spread some joy – because you don’t need a special occasion to bring a smile to the face of someone you love.
People’s Flowers offers many arrangements and gifts guaranteed to convey happiness. Our Just Happy bouquet blends roses, lilies and Gerbera daisies in a bright and cheerful floral display that will light up any space. Or perhaps you would like to deliver a lighthearted reminder about life’s joys by sending the whimsical Life’s Lemonade, which combines yellow lilies, roses and daisies in a clear cube vase filled with lemon and lime slices. These and other vibrant summer floral arrangements are a meaningful and heartfelt way to let someone know that they are on your mind. Imagine their joy when they receive such a beautiful gift – “just because”.
Come into one of the five Albuquerque area People’s Flowers to choose a personalized smile-producing surprise for anyone, whether friend or family. If there is anyone in your life who could use an unexpected smile, we would love to help you deliver a little happiness this month. Remember, Make Someone Smile Week begins July 19. What better way to make someone smile, but with flowers?
Companies all over Albuquerque have the chance to show their employees, how much they appreciate them on Friday March 6th. Ever since 1995, when the first ever National Employee Appreciation Day was observed, the first Friday of March has been recognized as the official day on which bosses throughout the country can express their appreciation for the employees who make companies what they are. Without the hard working employees whose efforts often go unrecognized, most companies wouldn’t be as successful as they are.
We decided to help employers recognize the contribution their employees make to the company, so we came up with some suggestions to help bosses who may be looking for gifts for their workers.
If your workplace has plenty of light, there is no better way to brighten an employee’s office than with a Croton Plant. This spectacular plant has very large leaves. As long as the plant grows in a sunny enough location, the entire workplace can enjoy the unique color combinations seen in the variegated leaves. Shiny dark green leaves are mottled with yellow, while other leaves combine bright yellow and red, or deep red and green. This plant truly brings the outside atmosphere right into the office.
Pothos is a very easy plant to grow. It doesn’t require much care, and it can grow in any environment. Best of all, this plant thrives in areas where there is little to no daylight at all. Pothos is often confused with Philodendron, the plant with small heart-shaped dark green leaves. One of the things people love most about this plant is the fact that you can take cuttings from it, and you can root the cuttings quickly in water. Place this plant on the floor, on a desk or table, or hang it from a hook in the ceiling. It is a spectacular hanging plant.
Add a splash of color and a tropical flair to the office with this Bromeliad Plant. Bromeliads are found in tropical rainforests, but your office will perk up and feel like a relaxing oasis with this spectacularly showy plant. Bromeliads are characterized by heir shallow roots, interesting leaves, and a flower that grows from the center of the plant. Pineapple is probably the most familiar bromeliad.
This year, show your employees how much you appreciate them. Give them a fun, colorful, easy-to-care for, plant. You’ll purify the office air and help your employees focus and concentrate in the process.
There are always those times where you want to tell someone how much you appreciate them or what they did for you. It might be a colleague on a work project or a teacher who helped your son or daughter. Or, it could be a thank you for being a great friend.
One of the most beautiful ways to capture your appreciation for what someone else has done for you is with flowers. We’ve got a beautiful selection of flower arrangements that you can send to someone that absolutely screams “thank you!”
Thank You Flower Ideas
Our flower design team at all of our Peoples Flower Shops locations and through our online store has put together a stunning array of ways to say “thank you” with flowers.
Here are some of our ideas:
- Mahalo: Hawaiian for “thank you,” this aptly named flower arrangement says thank you through a mix of tropical flowers, including Birds of Paradise.
- Cube Arrangements: A “thank you” flower arrangement does not have to be large or expensive to be truly meaningful. Good things come in small packages like our collection of flower cubes that offer stunning flowers, including orchids, gerbera daisies, and more.
- Fresh-Cut Flowers: You could send an assortment of seasonal, fresh-cut flowers wrapped up for your recipient. This is a perfect way to say thank you to the do-it-yourselfer so they can arrange the flowers how they like.
- Exotic Beauty: The floral design team offers some very unique ways to say “thank you,” including this contemporary style flower arrangement that features a Cymbidium orchid that rests on a pedestal that is surround by clear marbles. This is a very Zen way to say “thank you!”
Other Ways to Say Thanks!
While flowers are a lovely way to say thanks, we have other fresh and unique ways to show your appreciation if your recipient may be allergic to flowers or may prefer something different:
- Fresh green plants
- Fresh fruit baskets
- Fresh gourmet food and gourmet gift baskets
- Collectibles and gifts
- Thank you balloons
- Thank you greeting cards
Whether your recipient is in Albuquerque or anywhere in the United States, we can serve as your partner for sending your thanks. Our florist network means we are connected with other florists who share our commitment for freshness, high-quality, and value. Let’s get started with your thank you gifts!
We often spend a lot of time stressing over the gift giving season — who to get what and such. You aren’t alone either as others all over are too looking for that gift that is just a perfect fit yet is not always easily found.
Though when you do find it, you know it and after that nothing is really better than the surprised expression a thoughtful gift leaves on a loved one’s face.
So what happens when you unwrap one such present? It is bound to happen at least once every year. That one present that tugs on your heart just a little harder than the others — the one that may just bring a tear to your eyes is one that finds its place a little closer to your heart than the others. So what do you do with that one special gift?
The Importance of a Thank You
Big or small, any gift you get deserves a thank you. Whether you say it once, send a card, or write out a sentimental letter explaining how much you love it, when you get a gift it is important to say thank you. Now though we aren’t talking about just any gift — we are talking about that one very special gift and with these we believe that saying thank you is only the beginning.
The Thank You Gift
While you won’t find yourself moved to do this for every gift, but like we said there might be just the one. With that one gift, you should not only be openly expressive of your thanks but should also do a little more for the person at a later time.
Below we have prepared a list of thoughtful thank you ideas that are sure to delight:
- Flowers: After all, we are a florist and with our great holiday sales going on, there isn’t a better time to give thanks with flowers. Take any one of our handpicked and designed bouquets or arrangements and you will surely pleasantly surprise anyone with your thank you.
- Wine: There is just something about the holidays and wine that goes together. If you want to especially thank someone this holiday season, why not try wine or maybe even invite them to a tasting? Be sure that they actually like wine first of course.
- Craft: A craft is an inexpensive and personal way to say thanks to anyone. Not to mention that the options for this choice are literally endless.
- Gift Basket: A gift basket is also a generous way to say thank you for that special gift.
- Handwritten Note: In the digital age of emails, texts, and posts, getting a handwritten card says you are truly thankful because you took the time to compose something on paper.
Giving thanks this holiday season is one of the best gifs you can give to loved ones!